Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- Assistant Coach Ed Schilling is no longer with the IU men’s basketball program.
- Running Back Sampson James is embracing the freshman challenges in Bloomington.
- IU vs. Kentucky — no revival in sight for the once annual series.
- NBC Sports takes a comprehensive team by team look at Big Ten basketball for 2019-20.
- Celtics’ Romeo Langford not cleared for contact, may miss summer league action.
- Raptors’ OG Anunoby — grading his second season in the NBA.
- Rockets’ Eric Gordon not disappointed by trade rumors / understands business.
- Wizards’ Thomas Bryant — Washington extends a qualifying offer.
- Gene Pingatore, high school coach of Isiah an Daryl Thomas, passes away.
- Reese Sharp puts pro dreams on hold to play for IU baseball.
- Homestead’s Carter Mathison commits to IU baseball.
You’ll need some time to watch this one. Even if you don’t have the time today, bookmark or subscribe to this account on YouTube to watch a lot of older IU games. This is a classic from 1989 against Michigan — the Jay Edwards game.
Somewhat off topic, but an interesting listen from Purdue’s Ryan Cline on his next steps.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
An IU legend with more hardware.
— Indiana Swim & Dive (@IndianaSwimDive) June 25, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier profiles new IU basketball offer recipient 2020 forward Jaemyn Brakefield.
- Class of 2021 5-star Khristian Lander standing out at the Nike Elite 100 event in St. Louis.
- Northwest Indiana Times profiles Gary West Side class of 2022 Jalen Washington.
- The Chronicle Tribune describes the summer of Marion’s class of 2021 Jalen Blackmon.
- The Iowa 247Sports site is reporting ($) that South Bend St. Joseph’s 2021 forward J.R. Konieczny is visiting IU this week.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.