Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN IU COVERAGE
- Chris Beaty: Friends mourn the loss of the former IU football player.
- IU Football: PFF sees the Hoosiers as a darkhorse team for 2020.
- Coach Tom Allen embraces the need to speak out on racial injustice.
- IU Swim and Dive Q&A: Gary Kostbade
- Most College ADs believe NCAA is incapable of policing endorsement deals
- NCAA News: Oklahoma State gets one year NCAA Tournament ban.
TWEETS OF THE DAY
The new @NBAdraft early-entry deadline to withdraw from the draft will be Aug. 3 or 10 days after the combine, whichever comes first. The NBA expects to hold a combine (virtually?) for the Oct. 15 draft. I discussed the new timeline with @NCAA Executive Senior VP Dan Gavitt. pic.twitter.com/ujB3B9N3MY
— Andy Katz (@TheAndyKatz) June 5, 2020
IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Hoosiers offer class of 2022 point guard Bruce Thornton
- 2021 running back Trenten Howland commits to Hoosiers (includes highlights)
- Howland discussed his commitment with Rivals.
- 2021 forward Kuleal Mading discussed his recruitment with Stock Risers.
- A look at where Indiana 2022 targets landed in the new Rivals top 150 rankings
- New IU women’s commit Keyarah Berry a steal for the Hoosiers.
- IU women’s basketball also picked up a commitment from Kaitlin Peterson:
— Kaitlin Peterson (@HOOPER_KAYYY) June 5, 2020
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier