Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- Jordan Hulls has helped lead his team to the FIBA Europe Cup Finals.
- Glen Grunwald has been named a senior advisor in the Memphis Grizzlies organization.
- IU Base pulls together another projection of the NCAA baseball field.
- Reminder: IU is at Michigan State for a series this weekend.
- The Herald Times profiles freshman IU baseball star Grant Richardson.
- NCAA mulling changes to graduate transfer rules.
- Lilly King is a finalist for the 2019 Honda Sport Award.
- Zach Apple readies for international competition.
- Hoops Trial: Sean Miller and Will Wade do not have to testify.
- Rival Watch: Purdue’s Sindelar gets an extra year of eligibility.
- Big Ten: Cassisus Winston will return to MSU / Nick Ward will not.
2020 recruiting target Keon Johnson is a name to keep an eye on. He was impressive in Indianapolis last weekend on the Adidas Gauntlet.
Be sure to listen to former IU guard and color commentator Todd Leary on today’s Indiana Sports Beat. The segment starts at 1:28 and can be found on any page of The Daily Hoosier.
This one is a week old and we somehow missed it. But you will want to hear Victor Oladipo provide an update on his recovery.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
Nothing official has been released, but Jerome Hunter very much looks like someone that is on track to return for 2019-20.
Working hard to get back on the court for the best fans in the country. ✊🏽 pic.twitter.com/DknxgecLzZ
— rome🏀💭 (@j_hunter35) April 19, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
[See 2020 through 2022 prospects here]
- The Daily Hoosier discusses graduate transfer quarterback Tommy Stevens — should the Hoosiers engage?
- Jordan Brand Classic: Rosters, live streaming, preview.
- Indy Heat Gym Rats: Lots of good talent on display in Franklin Township in Indianapolis on Saturday.
- Includes IU targets Caleb Furst, Kiyron Powell, Nijel Pack and Jaden Ivey.
- The Nike EYBL AAU circuit starts next weekend and includes stops in Atlanta, Indianapolis and Dallas.
- Indiana showing interest in 2020 guard Kerwin Walton.
- Top 10 2019 recruit Matthew Hurt picks Duke.
- Note: 2019 guard Lester Quinones will announce his college decision on May 10 according to his Twitter account. He will take an official visit to Indiana beginning April 24.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.