Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier examines IU men’s basketball’s evolving 2019-20 roster and assesses the trajectory of the program.
- IU Women’s Basketball: The public is invited to the team’s year end celebration.
- IU Baseball hosts Penn State this weekend. They lost Friday’s series opener 3-0.
- Jake Forrester tweeted out a brief statement yesterday regarding his decision to transfer, indicating that he will in fact not return (as was his option in the transfer portal).
- Indiana Daily Student: You can listen to their podcast IU Baseball’s Drew Ashley here.
- The Hoosier Network profiles emerging IU baseball star Grant Richardson.
- Texas Tech’s Chris Beard discussed his time with Bob Knight.
- The Washington Post described Bob Knight’s appearance at Center Grove High School last night.
- You can see a brief video below.
HOOSIER SOUNDS, PART I
Better sounds than sights today. Also be sure to listen to Todd Leary on Indiana Sports Beat today, final segment on the right side of any page of The Daily Hoosier –>
Dan Dakich and Dane Fife caught up at the Final Four.
HOOSIER SOUNDS, PART II
The Catch and Shoot Podcast goes in depth with IU legend Quinn Buckner, including a lot of discussion of Coach Knight and IU.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
A cool moment last night between Ted Kitchel and Coach Knight.
— Drydens Den (@DrydensDen) April 5, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- 2019 guard Lester Quinones adds a Michigan official visit to his April 12 Indiana visit. TDH Take: This appears to be down to IU, Michigan, Maryland and Memphis, with the Tigers having the edge going into two formidable late visits.
- For what it’s worth: Trendon Watford’s high school coach appears to not be headed to Alabama as previously speculated.
- IU men’s recruits Trayce Jackson-Davis and Armaan Franklin, along with women’s recruits Jorie Allen Bedford, Shalia Beeler and Grace Waggoner will all play on Saturday in Martinsville at the 31st annual North/South Indiana All-Star Classic.
- Multiple IU targets will be participating this weekend in a Team USA camp in Minneapolis in connection with the Final Four including Khristian Lander, Caleb Love and Ethan Morton.
- Note: class of 2019 Harlond Beverly of Montverde had 23 points in a loss at the GEICO Nationals today. While he came up short, Beverly had the dunk of the day —
— Who's Next (@WhosNextHS) April 5, 2019
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.