Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier grades the 2018-19 IU men’s basketball team and players with the end of season Report Card.
- Indiana Baseball: Check out the latest with this week’s Hoosier Baseball Report.
- Men’s Swimming and Diving finishes third at the NCAA Championships.
- The Hoosiers also swept the Big Ten annual awards.
- The Herald Times takes a closer look at redshirt freshman wide receiver Miles Marshall.
- Bendu Yeaney suffered a ruptured Achilles during the NCAA Tournament.
- IU Softball scored 34 runs in weekend sweep of Michigan State.
- Fred Hoiberg’s contract with Nebraska puts him near the top of the Big Ten.
- From the weekend: Moore and Blackmon transfer.
- See the latest scholarship grid.
New offensive coordinator Kalen DeBoer gave an update over the weekend.
Listen to Don Fischer on the final segment of Indiana Sports Beat today on the right hand side of any page of The Daily Hoosier. It’s your final chance to listen to Fischer before he goes into offseason hibernation.
Also, Dan Dakich spoke with Texas Tech head coach Chris Beard today, including discussion of Bob Knight’s influence.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
Matt Lloyd had himself a week — and was recognized by the Big Ten as the player of the week.
Grant Richardson won his second consecutive Big Ten freshman of the week.
As a team, IU is putting up noteworthy national numbers.
Buying In ✅ pic.twitter.com/ke1ME35zNW
— Indiana Baseball ⚾️ (@IndianaBase) April 1, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
[See 2020 through 2022 prospects here]
- After an in home visit over the weekend, Joey Brunk was in Bloomington today.
- Indy Star: IU in discussions with Ben Davis’ class of 2019 Jalen Windham.
- New Alabama head coach Nate Oats is competing with IU for several recruits including Trendon Watford, Kira Lews and Harlond Beverly.
- Oats met with Watford over the weekend.
- Lester Quinones is “closing in on a decision” after in-home visits from Memphis and Maryland.
- Jalen Blackmon earns the Grant County player of the year.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.