Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The IU Women make the NCAA Tournament.
- Indiana Basketball will host St. Francis in the NIT on Tuesday night.
- Archie Miller and several IU players met with the media on Monday.
- NIT Rules: There will be several new experimental rules used in this year’s NIT.
- The Altoona Mirror tells the story from the St. Francis side.
- Dayton vs. Colorado: It will be Miller’s old team vs. his old recruit in the NIT.
- Sounds from Courtside: Stadium discusses several tidbits from the courtside seats at the Big Ten Tournament including some Indiana related observations.
- Indiana Baseball: This week’s Hoosier Baseball Report.
- Indiana Softball kept it rolling over the weekend.
- Rodger Saffold: The former IU offensive lineman has signed with the Titans.
See what Coach Mercer had to say about the productive weekend (via iubase.com) —
Listen to Don Fischer on Indiana Sports Beat today (final segment). You can find Indiana Sports Beat on any page of The Daily Hoosier.
Steve Alford joined Dan Dakich today.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
March 18, 1953: In a tight game from start to finish, IU beats Kansas 69-68 in front of a majority KU fanbase only 40 miles from the Kansas campus for their 2nd NCAA title. Don Schlundt leads IU with 30 pts. A newsreel clip of the game: https://t.co/8uHpv91kmi #IUBB @IUBArchives pic.twitter.com/4nQBWVeFAj
— IU Artifacts (@IUArtifacts) March 18, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier: Where Indiana looks next in the class of 2019.
- Transfer name to watch: Valpo’s Derrik Smits has declared for the NBA Draft and will be a graduate transfer if he remains in college. Smits had some interaction with IU while in high school. With Trayce Jackson-Davis already signed, could there be a 90’s Pacers reunion in Bloomington? Just something to keep an eye on for now.
- Class of 2019 guard Lester Quinones “overwhelmed” by Memphis visit.
- Watch: Trayce Jackson-Davis plays his final high school game.
- Watch: Jalen Blackmon and Trey Galloway went head to head in semistate.
- Class of 2020 Caleb Love came up short in the state finals.
- Rivals opines on the Big Ten football additions and subtractions in the transfer portal.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.