Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN IU COVERAGE
- Archie Miller discusses cancellation of season on Good-N-Plenty podcast
- IU Basketball Players react to abrupt end to season on social media | Miller issues statement
- The NCAA planning to grant an additional year of eligibility to some athletes.
- A 16 team tournament was considered as an approach to save March Madness.
- Selection Sunday is canceled but a bracket from the committee is still possible.
- The Big Ten bans all organized team activities until April 6th, effectively ending IU football spring practice.
- Indianapolis businesses take big hit after losing most of Big Ten tournament.
- A Twitter diary on how Big Ten players reacted to their seasons ending abruptly.
- IU Base: The day the season was over.
- Little 500 qualifications pushed back, future of race unknown.
Miss basketball already? Here are some of the best moments of the year via the Big Ten Network.
Indiana signee Anthony Leal was on Indiana Sports Beat this morning (before learning that the boy’s high school tournament had been canceled).
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
Absolutely! We all have fun playing and watching NBA games, but many of our hard working hourly employees and support staff depend on wages from our home games. We’re going to make sure that they’re taken care of! Even if I have to pay out of pocket to help out https://t.co/WMb3tEq5Gt
— Cody Zeller (@CodyZeller) March 12, 2020
The IU women won a program record 24 games and were readying for the NCAA Tournament.
The WORK is the REWARD! My ❤️breaks for my team and staff. No secret sauce, no magic pill just show up and DO THE WORK! Onward! Go IU! IUWBB pic.twitter.com/NftfPhcKt4
— Teri Moren (@TeriMoren) March 13, 2020
IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Indiana Boy’s High School Basketball Tournament Postponed
- McDonald’s All-American game canceled due to coronavirus. Jordan Brand Classic canceled too.
- The Nike EYBL has postponed its spring schedule. Adidas and UAA have done the same.
- NCAA suspends all recruiting activity.
- How COVID-19 has affected the recruiting calendar.
- 247Sports spoke with college coaches on what it means to lose spring recruiting.
"We're devastated. It's tough not knowing. I prefer they either say we're playing through regionals or we're not playing through regionals. But we have to take it for what it is and stay focused because there's still a chance, if they let us come back and play." — Anthony Leal
— Jim Gordillo (@JimGordillo) March 13, 2020
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier