Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
GAME DAY ESSENTIALS
Minnesota (13-8, 6-8) at Indiana (11-9, 6-7)
- Tip time: Wednesday, 9:00 p.m. ET
- Location: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Ind.
- Television: BTN (Brandon Gaudin and Stephen Bardo)
- IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith)
- Series: Indiana leads 103-69 (Indiana won last meeting 72-67 in 2000)
- Point Spread: Indiana is a 4.5 point favorite
- KenPom has No. 29 Indiana by 3 points over No. 40 Minnesota
THE BEST IN IU COVERAGE
- IU basketball game day: Hoosiers can’t afford to slip against road weary Minnesota
- Minnesota’s 7-foot star Liam Robbins questionable for Wednesday night
- IU baseball: The Big Ten announces 2021 conference-only schedule
- Antwaan Randle-El hired by Detroit Lions as wide receivers coach
- IU Women’s Basketball readies for Thursday top-15 matchup
- Former IU Baseball player Guy Wellman passed away in January at 99
TWEETS OF THE DAY
Nearly 40 years later, @IsiahThomas recalls his experience playing in the NCAA Men’s Basketball National Championship on March 30, 1981, after the attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan. #Greeny | @Espngreeny | #ESPNRadio | #IUBB | @IndianaMBB pic.twitter.com/ocPiR5rTvF
— ESPN Radio (@ESPNRadio) February 17, 2021
No one in @IndianaWBB history has pulled down more rebounds. Only Tyra Buss has scored more points. @IUHoosiers Hall of Famer and two-time first-team All-B1G Denise Jackson Salters is the latest member of the #B1Gimpact Pioneers Class of 2021. pic.twitter.com/7YcUXmrsMI
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) February 17, 2021
On This Date – Feb. 17, 1990 – @IndianaMBB established a new Assembly Hall record with 118 points as they rolled to a 118-71 win over Iowa. Freshman Pat Graham led IU with 23 points, as Indiana came just four points shy of equaling the school-record for points in a game. pic.twitter.com/zXcGLbgMZ0
— John Decker (@JYDecker) February 17, 2021
IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- 247Sports national analyst explains why he picks IU for 2022 guard Avery Brown.
- 2022 forward Tarris Reed talks about his top suitors.
- Offers rolling in for Alex VanSumeren since he decommitted from Michigan football (including IU)
- NCAA to extend recruiting dead period through May 31.
- 2022 point guard Tre Holloman with an impressive junior season stat line:
— Howard Pulley Basketball (@PulleyHoops) February 17, 2021
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.