Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN IU COVERAGE
- New OC Nick Sheridan made big impression on DeBoer and has full confidence of Allen
- Forward Jerome Hunter starting to emerge, but perhaps not the way you expected
- Video: IU Football Head Coach Tom Allen introduces new offensive coordinator Nick Sheridan
- Ohio State at Indiana — The Report Card
- Lifelong IU Basketball Fan attends first game on Saturday.
- Big Ten: No place like home for league teams thus far.
- No. 15 IU Women drop double overtime heartbreaker in Iowa.
- Pro Hoosiers: Three former IU football stars are part of NFL Championship game teams.
- Wizards’ Thomas Bryant returned to action on Sunday after missing 20 games.
- 49ers’ Tevin Coleman comes through in NFL Playoffs Divisional Round.
Listen to Don Fischer on the call for IU’s big win on Saturday.
Mike Schumann of The Daily Hoosier joined Indiana Sports Beat with Todd Leary and Jim Coyle today to discuss IU’s win over Ohio State, the week ahead and more.
Headlining the show today was the legendary voice of IU basketball and football, Don Fischer.
The segments are follows: Fischer (18:30) and Schumann (1:15:00).
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
We regret to have learned of the passing of 2004 @HoopsHall inductee Paul Poff. With 1,026 career points, he held the @NewAlbanyHoops scoring record for 30 years, was a 1951 Indiana All-Star and was a member of @IndianaMBB 1953 NCAA national champs.https://t.co/xzed8yw2HZ pic.twitter.com/Y2vrsmN0tQ
— Indiana Basketball HOF (@HoopsHall) January 13, 2020
Rodger Saffold says the offensive line is well aware of times when Derrick Henry is on the verge of something historical stat wise. He called it collateral damage for their quest to win. Saffold also said he's not trying to hear anything besides Derrick Henry being back next yr. pic.twitter.com/WgLUKYztdb
— TURRON DAVENPORT (@TDavenport_NFL) January 12, 2020
Tevin Coleman got emotional talking about what his parents went through after he was born premature at only 3.5 pounds.
"I had a 20% chance of living… I'm real blessed by God to be here, to be playing football, to be doing what I do." pic.twitter.com/6I8Ri0JReB
— KNBR (@KNBR) January 12, 2020
IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- 2021 guard Blake Wesley leads Riley past Central.
- 2021 forward Trey Patterson put together another big game over the weekend.
- 2021 forward Trey Kaufman led all scorers with 30 in another Silver Creek win over the weekend.
- 2021 guard Khristian Lander and Evansville Reitz defeated Breyton Bailey and Bedford North Lawrence.
- IU 2020 quarterback signee Dexter Williams leaves doubts behind on his way to Big Ten.
- It is worth waiting until the end to see the move by 2020 IU signee Jordan Geronmino over the weekend. Geronimo finished with 22 points, seven rebounds, three steals and two blocks.
— ryancorcoran (@ryancorcoran65) January 12, 2020
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier