Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free. Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier has the details on how to watch the six Hoosiers playing in the NBA Summer League. Here are the Friday night stats:
- OG Anunoby had 9 points and 7 rebounds in 27 minutes vs. the Pelicans.
- James Blackmon, Jr. with 2 points, 3 rebounds and an assist in 17 minutes vs. the Pistons.
- Thomas Bryant with 7 points and 4 rebounds in 27 minutes vs. Cleveland.
- IUBase has the scoop on a key addition to Jeff Mercer’s baseball coaching staff.
- The Hoosier Sports Report has good insights on Jeff Mercer from people that know him best.
The Query & Schultz radio show in Indianapolis talks to former IU running back Levron Williams:
Listen to Kent Sterling discuss the state of IU athletics with Athletic Director Fred Glass:
TWEET OF THE DAY
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Inside the Hall has an interview with D.J. Carton’s mother as she recaps the 5-star guard’s visit to IU.
- See the new class of 2020 Rivals Top 125 names to know for Indiana.
- According to 247Sports’ Brian Snow, 4-star class of 2019 guard Brandon Newman is going to play his senior year of high school at Montverde Academy rather than Valparaiso. Montverde has produced NBA stars such as Joel Embiid and D’Angelo Russell. Newman also received an offer from Ohio State yesterday.
- According to Jake Weingarten, Newman is going to have a lot of big names watching him at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam including Indiana, Purdue, Kansas, Xavier, Louisville and many others as his star continues to rise.
- Five star Isaiah Stewart had 10 points and 6 rebounds as team USA advanced to the U17 semifinals with a 126-52 win over Croatia.
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier