Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free. Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- Watch Tonight: Kyle Schwarber in the MLB Home Run Derby.
- The Indiana Daily Student has a great story on IU sophomore guard Bendu Yeaney.
- Also of note in IU women’s hoops from IDS — Bre Wickware is transferring.
- IUHoosiers tells us that Jonathan Crawford, Wes Martin and Luke Timian will represent IU at next week’s Big Ten media days.
- Check out the final stats from the six Hoosiers in the NBA Summer League.
- Four new Final Four locations have been announced:
- 2019: Minneapolis
- 2020: Atlanta
- 2021: Indianapolis
- 2022: New Orleans
- 2023: Houston
- 2024: Phoenix
- 2025: San Antonio
- 2026: Indianapolis
Don’t try this at home. But do look for Romeo Langford to be shooting left handed three-pointers this season?
Jim Coyle checks in with former Indiana guard Sherron Wilkerson who is the new head coach at Madison Shawe High School. The segment starts around 1:15:
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- As you’ve almost certainly heard by now, D.J. Carton committed to Ohio State.
- Here’s The Daily Hoosier’s recap of the news from the weekend from the July college basketball recruiting live period.
- Rivals has observations and video of 2019 forward Zeke Nnaji from the weekend at the Adidas Gauntlet in New York. Nnaji is reportedly planning to visit IU later this summer.
- The offers keep rolling in for Brandon Newman — Ohio State, Maryland and Virginia Tech have all offered since Indiana.
- Keion Brooks, Jr.’s dad discusses Kentucky.
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier