Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free. Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The annual Indiana/Kentucky All-Star game is tomorrow in Indianapolis where you can watch 3 of the 5 incoming Indiana freshmen — Romeo Langford, Damezi Anderson, and Robert Phinisee.
- IUBase has the details on the future Hoosiers at the IHSAA semistates.
- The Indiana Daily Student has more on incoming graduate transfer quarterback Brandon Dawkins. We broke down the starting quarterback competition here.
- IUHoosiers has an update from the NCAA track and field championships.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Indiana football (and basketball?) still in the hunt for top 100 in-state target David Bell…
— David Bell™ (@TheRealDBell_) June 8, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier updated their class of 2019 recruiting board (link immediately above) to reflect the offer of Armaan Franklin and to update the order of likely commits.
- Is Trendon Watford leaning Memphis? Matthew Hurt at least insinuated as much.
- Rivals mentions Indiana targets Kira Lewis and Brandon Newman as two players that are likely to make big jumps in their class of 2019 rankings. Will the Hoosiers offer Newman next? Lewis is visiting Kentucky this weekend with the chatter suggesting that he grew up a Wildcat fan. So young. So much to learn.
- Take in the latest Matthew Hurt highlights. The interesting thing about watching D1 Minnesota is that you can see three Indiana targets (also Tyrell Terry and Zeke Nnaji) for the price of one. Hurt and Trayce Jackson-Davis are now practicing with the U18 Team USA.
After mentioning Zeke Nnaji earlier, why not stick in the @adidasD1MN family with highlights from @HurtMatthew and his big weekend at @PrepHoopsBatL! Plays like these must've been what helped him become a member of the @usabasketball U18 national team! Congrats Matthew! pic.twitter.com/UaliLZH0wa
— Prep Hoops Events (@PrepHoopsEvents) June 7, 2018
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier