Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free.
Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage and recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier — Indiana baseball concludes another successful campaign as the Hoosiers are eliminated from the NCAA tournament.
- The John Beilein to the Pistons thing is apparently more than just rumors. See why he might actually do it.
- Inside the Hall has a good interview with Rob Phinisee, as well as some of his highlights from over the weekend playing at the historic Hoosier Gym in Knightstown, Indiana.
- According to IU Hoosiers, Former Hoosier football greats Antwaan Randle El and Vaughn Dunbar are on the 2019 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Of course you remember now Hall of Fame nominated Antwaan Randle El’s great moments as the IU quarterback, but some may have forgotten about this:
A great shot of Antwaan Randle El driving to the basket during the 1998 NABC Classic at the RCA Dome. Randle El suited up for @IndianaMBB for the 1998-99 season. @TheRealRandleEl #iufb #iubb pic.twitter.com/L6OBSrytcf
— IU Artifacts (@IUArtifacts) June 4, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
[See our class of 2019 recruiting board here]
- Rivals’ Corey Evans has the latest on the recruitment of Trayce Jackson-Davis, with the headline being that it is “wide open”. Cause for concern? We suspect it is nothing more than a highly talented and sought after young man doing his due diligence as we suggested a few weeks ago.
- Five class of 2019 IU targets among the 18 finalists for the U18 Team USA: Keion Brooks, Jr. D.J. Carton, Matthew Hurt, Trayce Jackson-Davis, and Jalen Lecque. The final 12 player team will be announced on June 7th.
- Jalen Lecque appears to be staying in the class of 2019, and IU doesn’t appear to be a top contender according to this 247 Sports article.
- Wondering why there is so much buzz growing around class of 2019 point guard target D.J. Carton? Take a look, and remember, he is only 5-foot-11:
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier