Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free. Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a look at whether Indiana basketball has recruiting momentum going into the class of 2019 commitment season.
- Inside the Hall and The Assembly Call have their weekly “6 Banner Sunday” with the week’s top IU news.
- IUBase checks in on various Indiana baseball players in the summer leagues.
- The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette tells us that former IU basketball stars James Blackmon, Jr. and Robert Johnson will be participating in the NBA summer league for the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks, respectively.
- In our continuing “Where are They Now” series, we check in on Will Sheehey.
Indiana’s Jonathan Crawford is going to be a senior leader on a young defense. Watch as he gets ready for the upcoming season:
TWEET OF THE DAY
Who is not excited to check out the new Memorial Stadium?
Our Indiana. ⚪️? pic.twitter.com/65c9UDDrfW
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) June 23, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Several IU 2019 through 2022 targets have been in Bloomington this weekend for the team camp. These are the camps that former head coach Tom Crean took heat for eliminating. Great talent including Trayce Jackson-Davis, Armaan Franklin, Mason Gillis, Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, Tre Coleman, Mabor Majak, Keon Johnson, Kiyron Powell, Jalen Blackmon, Colson Montgomery, Khristian Lander, D.J. Hughes, Pierce Thomas, Tayven Jackson, Kamari Lands, and many more played this weekend. It is difficult to imagine ever stopping such a valuable opportunity to have the areas top talent visit your facilities and spend valuable time. You can learn more about these players in our classes of 2019 and 2020-2022 recruiting pages.
- Unfortunately, you can’t corral them all in Bloomington this weekend. 2019 targets Matthew Hurt and Zeke Nnaji are doing something similar at Minnesota.
- Five-star Trendon Watford dishes on what’s next in terms of his recruitment as he “gets more serious”.
- D.J. Carton’s recruitment just keeps taking twists and turns, as now Wichita State is trying to enter the fray. He discussed the latest with the Des Moines Register here:
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier