Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news. Because you have better things to do with your money, we always try to make sure everything presented here is free. Here’s today’s latest free IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a shot at allocating the playing time for IU basketball for the upcoming season.
- Inside the Hall has video of class of 2019 Brandon Newman at the Indiana All-Star junior/senior game. We profiled the Indiana native here.
- IUBase takes a look back at IU clinching a trip to the College World Series 5 years ago.
- HSR takes a look at the competition for the starting kicker role, including freshman Charles Campbell, as IU looks to replace Griffin Oakes.
HOOSIER SIGHTS (AND SOUNDS)
Assembly Call Radio discusses the NBA draft entry choices by a variety of former Hoosiers through the years…
TWEET OF THE DAY
Play time is over…
— Indiana Basketball (@IndianaMBB) June 15, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Indiana football obtained its 4th class of 2019 commitment in Florida DT Jeramy Passmore. You can see more about the 2019 class here.
- At least one 247 Sports Crystal Baller thinks Jahmius Ramsey is going to IU. We wouldn’t put much into that, but it is at least interesting. He did indicate this week that IU is still on his list. He’s been rumored to be leaning towards Louisville, but the Cardinals are struggling with image problems.
- We did a brief profile on Ramsey here when IU offered him.
- Other names we don’t often hear much about that IU is still actively targeting are Aidan Igiehon and Oscar Tshiebwe. Both mentioned this week that IU is still in regular contact.
- Trayce Jackson-Davis scored 20 points on 10 of 10 shooting and 11 rebounds in last night’s Team USA win over Ecuador. Matthew Hurt added 19 points. Team USA plays Argentina Friday at 6:00 EST in the semifinals. You can watch it live here.
- Here is a new TJD video released from the Team USA tryouts a couple weeks ago:
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier