THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier sees a new side of Romeo Langford during the Indiana All-Star weekend.
- The Hoosier Sports Network opines on their Top 5 moments in the 2017-18 IU Athletics year.
- Hunter Johnson commits to Northwestern. Well, at least it wasn’t Purdue. He would have been a nice get, but the Hoosiers are in good shape at the QB position for several years to come.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Just another Hoosier excited about the upcoming season…
— Eric Gordon (@TheofficialEG10) June 11, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
[See our class of 2019 recruiting board here]
- Keion Brooks, Jr. includes Indiana in his top 10 list.
- Matthew Hurt and Trayce Jackson-Davis roll in their first game with U18 Team USA. Hurt had a big game with 12 points and 9 rebounds. They play again today and you can watch live here. (Update: Matthew Hurt had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks, & Trayce Jackson-Davis 12 points, 2 rebounds and 1 block in a 92 point win for Team USA over Panama.)
- Apparently we aren’t the only ones wondering about the inequities of college coaches running Team USA with a roster full of potential recruits.
- Indiana women’s basketball secures a class of 2019 top 20 recruit in Warren Central’s Shaila Beeler. You can read our early take on the 2018-19 season here.
- Here’s another good read on in-state shooting guard Brandon Newman. An Indiana unofficial visit is in the works in the coming weeks. We had previously described Newman as someone IU should offer. It will be interesting how things play out with last week’s offer of Armaan Franklin.
- Class of 2021 and Fort Wayne native Caleb Furst getting recognition at the Nike Elite 100. Here are the 2020 and 2021 names to watch.
Free IU Athletics coverage — because “only $9.99 a month” is nearly $10,000 over a lifetime.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? Subscribe here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier